Flapjacks are one of the easiest desserts to make. They are quick, simple and involve minimal ingredients – plus, they taste amazing! Oh, and you can also make this recipe suitable for dietary requirements such as gluten-free and dairy-free!
Are you tempted to bake some ooey gooey mouth-watering flapjack? Here’s what you’ll need…
- 250g Oats*
- 140g Butter*
- 140g Brown Sugar
- 5 heaped tbsp Golden syrup
- 100g Chocolate (optional)*
*To make this recipe ‘free from’ use GF Oats, DF Butter and DF Chocolate.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the butter and sugar in a saucepan and heat on a medium temperate
- Once the butter and sugar have melted, add in the oats
- Next, add the golden syrup
- Take the saucepan off the hob when all the ingredients are combined
- In a greased baking tin, spoon in the mixture and press it into all the corners
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes.
- The flapjack will be ready once it is a golden-brown colour
Chocolate Topping (Optional):
- Melt the chocolate and pour it all over the flapjack
- Place in the fridge and leave to set
- Once the chocolate has set, remove from the fridge and cut the flapjack into squares
Be sure to let us know if you give these fabulous flapjacks a whirl!