Disclaimer: The following recipe has been taken and adapted from Making Cupcakes with Lola.
January is known to be called the ‘Monday’ of all months. As a nation, we are all coming down after the hustle and bustle of the festive season. However, if you’re feeling the January blues, I have the perfect sweet treat to help. These Chocolate & Banana cupcakes are the ultimate indulgent dessert. I would also advise on accompanying each cupcake with a hot chocolate to maximise the chocolate taste further – mmmm!
Mixture: (Makes 14)
230g GF Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
200g Caster Sugar
100g Vegetable Oil
2 Bananas (ripe and mashed)
1 ½ tbsp Oat Milk (warm)
1 tsp GF Baking Powder
30g DF Chocolate (grated)
135g DF Butter
410g Icing Sugar
45g Cocoa Powder
6 tbsp Oat Milk
1 Banana (sliced into 14 pieces to decorate)
50g DF Chocolate (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, mix the eggs and sugar until thick and pale.
- Add the oil and beat until smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and beat until all the ingredients are combined.
- Mix the warm milk and baking powder together and add to the mixture.
- After this, add in the sifted flour, cinnamon and grated chocolate. Beat on a low speed until all the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture between 14 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 20-25 minutes.
- The cupcakes will be ready to take out the oven once they have risen and are a golden-brown colour. You can also check if the cupcakes are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle of each cupcake and be sure it comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool before decorating.
- Beat the butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Add in the icing sugar and cocoa powder and beat on a low speed until the mixture is combined.
- Slowly pour in the milk and beat the mixture for a further couple of minutes.
- Spread the frosting over each cupcake with a spoon or piping bag.
- Place the chocolate sprinkles around the edge of each cupcake, or you can also cover each entire cupcake.
- Finish by placing a slice of banana on the top.
Please let me know if you give these cupcakes a try!